Now Open in Jacksonville. Chefs Matthew and David Medure are taking their culinary skills to Mayo Clinic. Medure Brothers Culinary Concepts opened M Brothers at Mayo, a 220-seat, 7,000 square foot upscale-casual restaurant at the medical center’s Southside campus on San Pablo Road. The restaurant includes full-service dining plus full-service bar, and coffee shop plus a grab-and-go area. The sit-down restaurant is open both to hospital visitors and the general public. We are excited to announce that we are going to be bringing fresh made Sushi to the M Brothers Restaurant and fresh daily premade grab and go packages at Zest.
We are looking to build our teams with positive, enthusiastic, like-minded people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our guests. This is a great opportunity to take your culinary skills to the next level with a company committed to the nurturing and professional development of its employees. You would be the official first Sushi Chef with M Brothers. Lets take your Asian inspired creativity to the next level.
Our Sushi Chef will ensure all food served meets the highest quality standards, ensuring menu items are cooked, plated and presented according to menu specifications.
- Inspect assigned workstation for cleanliness and sufficient inventory and supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Plate prepared foods based on chef’s guidance
- Ensure food is properly stored and rotated, and adhere to safe food handling standards
- Maintain a clean and orderly workstation and help maintain overall kitchen cleanliness
- Contribute to an overall positive and collaborative team environment
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience as a Sushi Chef 3 to 5 years
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Exceptional knife skills and strong product knowledge
- Thrive on working with a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to perform tasks with accuracy, speed, and attention to detail
- Basic food safety understanding and practice
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with team members
- Hardworking with a positive and upbeat attitude
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Culinary school education a plus
- Food Handler Certification a plus and will be required within 60 days of hire
Benefits and Perks:
- Food discounts at all Medure Brothers Culinary Concepts’ restaurants
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (full time employees)
- Paid Time Off (full time employees)
- Fun and friendly work environment
- Opportunity to learn and grow with the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
"Medure Brothers Culinary Concepts is a Jacksonville-based restaurant group founded by professional chef siblings Matthew and David Medure. Matthew’s Restaurant, Restaurant Medure, Rue Saint-Marc, Midtown Table, M Shack Town Center and Nocatee, and our newest concept M Brothers at Mayo and Zest at Mayo, make up the Medure brothers’ collection of award-winning restaurants, each offering an authentic dining experience inspired by years of collaboration and a passion for innovative, high-quality cuisine and warm, genuine hospitality.
We are looking to grow our teams with positive, enthusiastic, and like-minded team members who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best dining experience for our guests. Working at Medure Brothers is a great opportunity to grow your career in the hospitality industry with a company truly committed to excellence. "