In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Founded in 2008, Legends’ operating divisions worldwide include – Global Partnerships, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, Global Technology Solutions, Attractions, Growth Enterprises – offering clients and partners a 360-degree data and analytics fueled service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning, and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment. For more information, visitwww.Legends.netand follow us on Twitter and Instagram @TheLegendsWay.
The Sushi Chef is responsible for providing quick and efficient service to customers in a variety of duties relating to a fine dining culinary experience and maintaining sanitation standards.
The Sushi Chef is responsible for providing quick and efficient service to customers in a variety of duties relating to a fine dining culinary experience and maintaining sanitation standards. They will use various fish-slicing and sushi-rolling techniques to prepare sushi dishes in accordance with established guidelines set out by their employers.
- Follows Executive Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Supervisors assignments for opening and closing procedures and food preparation.
- Prepare food items by complying with portion size, quality standards, departmental rules, policies and procedures.
- Ensures that proper food temperatures are maintained.
- Responsible for safety standards, neatness and sanitation of work areas.
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen including shelves, walls, floors and drains.
- Participates as a team player with specific responsibilities as related to preparation, excellent service and delivery of product.
- Maintain proper sanitation for all dining and cooking utensils and cookware.
- Handles and cleans kitchen equipment carefully and safely to prevent damage or injury.
- Adhere to company guidelines for appearance and uniform standards.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have prior experience in preparing sushi.
- Professional training through a culinary education or working in a fast-paced high-volume fine dining restaurant/catering facility preferred.
- Ability to interact with co-workers in order to assure compliance with company service standards.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced, team orientated setting.
- Must be able to read, speak and write in English.
- Ability to lift and transport food and other items weighing up to 30 pounds, occasionally 50 pounds.
- Ability to work all events, including: extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have sufficient mobility to perform assigned production tasks including: constant reaching, bending, stooping, wiping, pushing, and pulling for extended periods of time.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Culinary training preferred
- Must have one year working in a fast-paced high-end club, or restaurant
- Practice safe work habits, follow all safety policies and procedures and regulations, complete company-wide safety training and any additional job specific safety training.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Location: On Site
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.