Sushi Chef- Sunda Tampa
Sunda Tampa is seeking a personable, confident Sushi Chef with experience in full-service restaurant operations. Upscale experience a plus! Love Tampa and the local restaurant scene? High energy with a super positive outlook? Comfortable working in a world class operation that enjoys a lot of attention?
Sushi Chefs are responsible for assisting the sushi chef team in achieving the optimum professional service to guests.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area to ensure safety
- Follow plating instructions as directed
- Properly follow recipe formats and food storage protocol
- Practice safe and sanitary food handling protocol
- Do food preparation of vegetables, proteins, and grains etc
- Taste and maintain a consistent flavor profile per Chef’s requirements
- Work in a temperature sensitive environment such as walk-ins, freezers, and kitchens
- Read and write in English in regard to POS food tickets, prep lists, invoices, recipes etc
- Assist in the receiving and storage of all food and non-food products
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
- Basic understanding of sanitation and regulations for workplace safety
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment
- Ability to work as a team member
- Follows directions and instructions
Education and Experience
- Previous restaurant experience preferred
- Must complete Food Handlers Certificate
- Prolonged periods of standing and working in a kitchen
- Exposure to extreme heat, steam, and cold present in a kitchen environment
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks
- Sunda New Asian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Sunda Company Description:
Sunda is an award-winning restaurant showcasing modern interpretations of classic cuisine from Japan, China, and other Southeast Asian countries.