Nami Nori is the first to specialize in open-style sushi hand rolls in New York City. Our mission is to create a devoted fan following for temaki through “omotenashi”, the Japanese art of gracious hospitality. We are committed to creating great experiences for both guests and employees alike.
- Compensation: Tips + tipped minimum wage ($1300-$2000 per week)
- 56 hours paid time off annually
- Additional 40 hours vacation time after 2 years of employment for full-time employees
- Commuter benefits
- Pre-tax health care spending program
- Employee dining discounts at any Nami Nori location
- Additional incentives for job performance
- Opportunity to grow professionally with a growing company
- Great passion for cooking and hospitality
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible availability (able to work nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Exceptional team player
- 1+ year of general restaurant experience
Responsible for making sushi hand rolls for dine-in and take out guests. Interacts directly with guests to enhance their dining experience.
At Nami Nori, our primary concern is the health and safety of our team and our guests. To maintain a workplace that is free from infectious conditions that may be mitigated through an effective vaccination program, Nami Nori has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in accordance with the Key to NYC Executive Order (August 17, 2021). Every staff member is required to (a) be fully vaccinated and present written evidence of immunization from the designated site or from another authorized healthcare provider to HR; or (b) obtain an approved exemption from the requirement of being vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
"Nami Nori is a casual yet elegant temaki bar offering guests a unique sushi dining experience in New York City. Coming from the rarified Japanese restaurants in which they trained, partners Taka Sakaeda, Jihan Lee and Lisa Limb envisioned Nami Nori to be a more inclusive place that balances accessibility with a dedication to quality and creativity with a respect for traditional techniques. Nami Nori is committed to creating great experiences for both guests and employees alike. We have plans for expansion and are looking for dynamic employees to help our company grow!"