Salary: $70K–$100K+ Performance Progression
- Monthly Bonus Plan based on Guest Experience, COGS & Employee Retention
- Company-wide Profit-Sharing after 1 year of service
- Paid Vacation after each year of service
- Complimentary Naked Farmer meal everyday
- Flexible scheduling (control when and how you work)
- Tuition Reimbursement
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Chef Operator, you will work with a team that is driven by culinary excellence, and lead them to new skills in our scratch-based kitchen. You are a farmer of people who loves to train, mentor, and develop your teams into future leaders by teaching them new skills every day. You’re an achiever who has a strong sense for operations and is driven by results. In our operation centered around innovation, you are always looking at business from a strategic, and systematic lens to set you and your team up for success.
Staying organized while managing logistics and thinking big picture in a fast paced environment is key to your role as Chef Operator. We are constantly changing our menu based on the seasons and testing new initiatives to improve our business operations. You will effectively lead and delegate to ensure your team is well equipped to handle any new challenge. You will clearly communicate and uphold culinary standards while inspiring your team to work towards a better foodture. You are responsible for leading the entire restaurant operation and maintaining oversight over all Naked Farmers on your team.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
As the Chef Operator, you are the first in command and have a true sense of ownership over your restaurant. You partner directly with the Chef de Cuisine to drive success and report into Area Leadership Team. You work collaboratively with the other restaurant leaders to ensure the restaurant team is well trained and organized to provide guests with an experience that goes beyond a great meal.
- Be responsible for the entire restaurant operation, including P&L responsibilities such as cost of goods sold management, labor efficiency, guest experience and building top-line sales.
- Handle daily scheduling and P&L responsibility
- Collaborate with the CDC on QA processes and convert guest feedback into actionable insights for the team.
- Manage new initiatives and scheduled launches within the restaurant while instilling an entrepreneurial spirit in your team to keep them excited and engaged.
- Monitor the operational flow of the restaurant, ensuring culinary, Covid and Health standards and protocols are being followed and executed.
- Manage all problems with technology, systems and/or offsite ordering platforms. You are proactive in troubleshooting and can handle all the moving pieces with ease.
- Complete reporting and documentation functions in order to provide consistent information and feedback to our leadership team.
- Achieve and maintain Department of Health Standards, holding your team accountable and role-modeling cleanliness from your tactics organizing the kitchen and all stations.
- Manage recruitment needs for your restaurant by proactively interviewing, hiring and onboarding new Naked Farmers.
- Conduct Pre-shifts & Team Building Events with your restaurant team to keep them informed on updates and new restaurant goals.
- Communicate verbally and digitally on a daily basis across various platforms such as GoogleDrive, Slack, Toast, 7Shifts and Email, etc. in a timely manner.
- 3 years minimum kitchen or operational restaurant management experience.
- A passion for real, good food
- The leadership skills to operate a scratch-base, seasonal kitchen.
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in whenever and wherever necessary.
- The demonstrated skills to motivate and develop a high performing team.
- The discipline and desire to create systems and organization within fast changing environments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to learn technological platforms and work systematically with them.
- Familiarity with restaurant costing and inventory software.
- An eye for detail and strong work ethic.
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (the ability to frequently lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds). These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The desire to create and nurture a professional improvement of learning and development among your team.
- An organized approach to achieving team goals.
- Proven tactics to successful operations in an evolving environment.
- ServSafe certification.
Naked Farmer is built on a mission to build a better food system for all by connecting farmers to community. We build seasonal recipes based on what’s growing in our region and know farmers on a first-name basis. We wore born in the global pandemic, pivoting the entire company to get fresh food from farm to door at a time when real food was flying off the shelves at the grocery store. Since then, we’ve built a culture of resilience, and transparency through our open book management, profit-sharing plans, and dedication to telling the story behind the farmers who grow our local food supply. Our mission is to build a better food system for everyone by becoming 100% locally-sourced.
We’re entering a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for more transparency around sourcing, cooking, and investing in more regional food supply for farmers, communities and chefs. We presently operate 3 restaurants in Tampa and are about to open our 4th in Miami, Florida, where we are working on opening 6 units in the next 18 months.
And did we mention free Naked Farmer for all employees? We recommend the sweet potatoes.
Come build the future of food with us.