Job Title: Executive Sous Chef - Providence Marriott Downtown
Reports To: Executive Chef
Department: Food and Beverage
Direct Reports: Culinary Staff
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to: ProvidenceMarriottHR@marriottprovidence.com
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Bluefin Grille and team of cooks. The Executive Sous Chef reports and works directly with the Executive Chef and works closely with the culinary team, operations team and sales team to ensure all a la carte services in the Providence Marriott Downtown and M Club are executed to the Marriott Standards.
- Prepare and produce menu items; responsible for garnishing of dishes and portion control.
- Oversee menu development that ensures a diverse and high-quality menu selection that is responsive to the desires of the guests.
- Instruct cooks in the details of preparing menu items.
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen and ensure all Health Department standards are met.
- Maintain preventative equipment maintenance and procedures.
- Develop a sound working rapport with the kitchen staff by direct interaction during events and daily operations.
- Work with the Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine and Front of House Manager to develop function of the hotel and private function business, assisting in menus and in all food service-related areas.
- In the absence of the Chef de Cuisine, assume all duties and responsibilities of the Chef de Cuisine.
- Maintain internal controls for the department.
- Maintain proper food and labor cost for the department.
- Manage, implement and maintain par-stock levels on food inventory.
- Maintain ordering and receiving program to ensure proper quality and price on all purchases.
- Actively demonstrate, encourage and train staff.
- Full knowledge and ability to safely produce food for allergies and dietary preferences.
- Must possess strong leadership and management skills.
- Must provide exceptional member and customer service.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc. to staff, members and guests.
- Must have the ability to use effective problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop and implement events.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new programs, ideas, current trends and incorporate them into the existing catering program.
- Must show flexibility in accommodating last minute requests.
- Must have ability to be flexible in your work schedule.
- Must be self-motivated and have an outgoing personality.
- Must demonstrate exceptional people skills, be a team player and possess a positive attitude.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to exercise good time management skills.
- Ability to move (standing, walking, kneeling and bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
I have read the job description above and understand the requirements. I have the ability to perform all of the functions listed above. Furthermore, I understand that this is not to be construed as an employment contract, nor does this job description necessarily include all the essential functions of the position. The hotel reserves the right to modify, add or remove elements from this job description at any time.
Providence Marriott Downtown ◈ 355 Rooms
One Orms Street, Providence, Rhode Island, 02904, USA
Managed by Meyer Jabara Hotels: https://www.meyerjabarahotels.com